Hope you all had a great Halloween! Way, way too much candy consumed at our house. I love those Fast Break bars.
I wanted to do something cool and different for this card. I really love my distress inks. It’s amazing how much use I have gotten out of the few colors I bought. Because I was going to spray the paper with water, I used watercolor paper by Stampin’ Up!. It’s much more rigid and textured. It doesn’t warp at all from the wet ink.
You probably can’t tell from the photo, but the butterflies have a shimmery, pearl look to them because I mixed the water with Perfect Pearls by Tim Holtz. I keep the Perfect Pearls powder mixed with water in a mini-mister spray tool, which I reuse over and over. And when the distress inks get wet, they look like watercolors. I also added kind of a tie-dye look by inking the edges of the stamp with black.
For the second week in a row, I have experienced user-error measurement difficulties! Oh well, I need to work on that.
SONG: Apologize by OneRepublic – love this song!!
- Hero Arts Traditional Butterfly Stamp
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Black Soot, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Tea Dye
- Tim Holtz Perfect Pearls
- Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Paper
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: More Mustard and Basic Black
- Stampin’ Up! Scallop Trim Border Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Basic Black Classic Ink
- Stampin’ Up! Glue Dot
- 1/8″ Black Satin Ribbon