A clean and simple card for today. Not really anything special regarding techniques, but I love the message. I plan to give it to my younger daughter. 🙂
I get a lot of questions about how I keep my freehand lines straight. A few tips:
- The paper stays still the entire time. Your hand and fingers don’t move. The only thing that moves is your shoulder socket, which is pulling your entire arm toward you.
- Make sure your hand can slide easily on the table. No getting stuck from hand moisture.
- Draw slowly and keep your eye on the distance between your line and the edge of the paper. Keep it consistent.
- Don’t stop. If you do, your ink will pool.
- If you start getting close to the edge, slowly bring it back in. Then, do that a couple more times so it looks like you meant to do it. Ha!
- If you have trouble keeping everything still, hold your breath (just for one side!).
Enjoy and have a great week!
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Broken China and Spiced Marmalade
- VersaFine Black Ink
- Versamark Ink
- Stampin Up! Basic Black Marker