I thought it was about time for an owl card. I can’t believe I ever doubted buying this punch! Did you notice I added a subject in the top menu called “Owls & Animals”? All of my owl cards show up in this list.
This card was actually really simple to make. The card base is 5 1/2″ x 12″. I scored it at 2″, 4″, 8″, and 10″, so the final folded card is 5 1/2″ x 4″. The winged owls fly up and the owl in the middle stays on the branch when you open it. I didn’t do a lot of fancy embossing and coloring on the card – just some basic stamping and coloring. I used some masking for the sky to make the clouds.
One thing I should mention is that I went back and added more color and lines to the cupcakes after the video – they just seemed a little too bland to me. I also added Stickles to the birthday hat to make it more festive. Hope you like. 🙂
Enjoy the video and have a great week!
- Hero Arts Trees, Birds, and Messages
- My Favorite Things Say What
- Stampin’ Up! Itty Bitty Shapes Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Up, Up & Away Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, and Pumpkin Pie
- Stampin’ Up! Two Step Owl Punch
- Stampin’ Up! 1 3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig
- Stampin’ Up! Sponge Daubers
- Paper Piercer
- Stampin’ Up! Scoreboard
- Stampin’ Up! Blender Pen
- Stampin’ Up! Bone Folder