This week I got back to using some of my new Stampin’ Up! products – I just love this new background stamp. I used it as a focal point for this card, but I can also easily see using it as a tone-on-tone background. And don’t you love the purple background stamp? It’s called Netting, and Stampin’ Up! has had it for awhile. But I didn’t notice it in the catalog right away. It’s so subtle – it adds just the right amount of interest without distracting.
I used Copics to color them. The last time I colored poppies I used red. I don’t know if purple poppies exist, so I figured the person who receives this card likely won’t know either, LOL!! So, why not?
I did encounter a problem during coloring – you can check out the video to find out. You may be able to figure it out by looking at the photo above. 🙂 And gosh, so sorry for being so chatty this time! When I watched the video afterward I thought, geez, could I ramble more?? Sorry about that!!
One more thing – just a quick thank you again to all of you who leave such nice comments and send me emails. I read every single one of them. I am always amazed at how thoughtful so many of you are. Heartfelt thanks. 🙂
- Stampin’ Up! Pleasant Poppies
- Stampin’ Up! Netting Background Stamp
- Stampin’ Up! Thank You Kindly Stamp Set (retired)
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Dusty Concord
- Copic Sketch Markers: flowers (V01, V04, V17), buds/stems (YG17, YG21, YG25), flower centers (Y15), shadow (W1)
- Stampin Up! Basic Black Marker