I used one of my favorite stamps right now – the Penny Black Paisley Outline background. I like it because it’s a small print and not very detracting from your focal point. I stamped the butterfly right on it – it’s not a separate layer. I really like how this card turned out.
One other thing I did a little differently is the card base. The white folded card base is cut 1/4″ shorter than a normal card. I layered it on top of a flat black panel measuring 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (the normal card base size). That way, I don’t have an extra layer to get the black frame without the black card interior. Does that make sense? It may make more sense when you watch the video.
Anyway, have a great week!!
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Versamark Ink
- Stampin Up! Basic Black Marker
- Copic Sketch Markers: B000, B02, B05, BV01, BV04, C1, C4
- Stampin’ Up! Top Note Sizzix Die
- Stampin’ Up! Stripes Embossing Folder (retired)
- Stampin’ Up! Embossing Buddy