I’m calling these mixed media flowers because I colored them with ink, Copics, SU markers, and colored pencils!
The card is made up of two Spellbinders die cuts adhered together at the top. I really like the way the orange and red distress inks came out so bright!! And I totally love this Penny Black background stamp with the paisleys – click this link to go to Two Peas in a Bucket, where it is on sale for just $4.20!! And speaking of Penny Black… they asked me to be a guest designer on their blog! Now I just need to find some time to create a few cards for it. I have a plan in my head – I just need execution time. With two kids home 24/7 over the summer, free time is a rare commodity. Am I the only one who doesn’t relax over the summer? I can’t sleep because nothing I normally get done during the day is getting done! I know, I know… it will all get done in due time and I should just enjoy myself for the summer. But when you are an overachiever like me, that’s extremely hard to do, lol!! I’m working on it.
Another new thing I did today was color Stampin’ Up! Rhinestone Jewels with Copics. I’ve known about this for awhile, but I just haven’t had those jewels on my list. I finally purchased them – how awesome is it to have every color available to you to match your Copics?
Anyhoo…enjoy the video!
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Scattered Straw
- Stampin’ Up! Bashful Blue
- Stampin Up! Pacific Point Marker (available only as part of Brights collection)
- Stampin Up! Basic Black Marker
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Copic Sketch Markers: B21, B24, B26, YR18, W1, 0
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Stampin’ Up! Bitty Banners Framelits
- Stampin’ Up! Scoreboard
- Sizzix Ovals Framelits
- Spellbinders Curved Rectangles
- Stampin’ Up! Paper Piercer