Thank you for all your kind comments while I was on my break last week – you are all so thoughtful. 🙂
Here’s the story behind this week’s card… My husband’s client paid for him and his colleagues to go out to dinner last week. He came to me afterward and said, “Can you make me a card I can send to my client?” OMGosh. I was on the task ASAP. I mean, how often does your husband “need” your card-making skills? I thought, rather than being a financial strain, this card-making thing can be useful!!
So I go straight to work. Something formal, masculine, not too colorful, very clean… I decide on Mosaic Madness. I want it to be really perfect – something that will wow him without wow’ing him too much.
Before showing the card to him, I gave him the whole “if it’s too much color, I can take some out; if it’s too busy, I can make it simpler; if it’s too much of anything, it can be changed” speech. Then I show it to him. Pause. His reaction: “Guys don’t send thank you cards. I just want something with my name at the top.” What?
Um, that would be called “stationery”.
Enjoy the video and have a great week!
- Stampin’ Up! Mosaic Madness (also available in clear-mount)
- Stampin’ Up! Thank You Kindly (retired, check eBay!)
- Stampin’ Up! inks: Night of Navy and Wild Wasabi
- Stampin’ Up! markers: Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, and Wild Wasabi (Wild Wasabi available only as part of Subtles Collection)
- Stampin’ Up! Mosaic Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
- Stampin’ Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig