We are enjoying 106-107 temperatures in Dallas this week, every. single. day. I would love to have some of those clouds from my card last week!! My poor 10-year-old daughter played in a soccer tournament last weekend AND is playing this weekend. Three games in this heat. She drinks tons of water and pours a lot of it over her head too! Anyhoo…
Another new stamp set from the Stampin’ Up! catalog this week… it’s called Sweets for the Sweet. There are so many cute things you can do with it. For this card, I made the lollipops look like they are in packaging by applying Crystal Effects to the wrappers. What do you think? I wanted to add a little more texture and interest without more “stuff”, so this seemed like a good idea. I first tried using glitter Stickles, but it wasn’t nearly as real-looking. Crystal Effects takes quite a long time to dry because it’s pretty thick. One touch when it’s in the middle of drying will ruin your look. Note to self: do not leave card to dry in the middle of your workspace. :0
Enjoy and have a great week!
SONG: “1979” by The Smashing Pumpkins.
- Stampin’ Up! Sweets for the Sweet Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Up, Up & Away Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Whisper White and Crumb Cake Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up! Inks: Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Elegant Eggplant, and Basic Black
- Stampin’ Up! Mat Pack
- Stampin’ Up! Acrylic Blocks
- Stampin’ Up! Crystal Effects
- EK Success Border Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Baker’s Twine
- Stampin’ Up! Glue Dot
- Stampin’ Up! Two-Way Glue Pen
- ATG Adhestive Gun