I decided to post my holiday card for 2010 on the blog. I was just so excited about my folded cardstock idea that I had to share. So, for those of you that are getting a card from me this year (shout-out to my awesome, supportive sister, Danielle!), here’s a preview! I decided to use one of the photos from our vow renewal in June.
The final card is 5″x7″, which fits a standard size A7 envelope. I took a 12×12 sheet of cardstock and cut 2 cards out of it (5×12 and 5×12). I scored it at 7″ and folded it. Then, I added the white and brown strips to the 5″ side to extend it a little. The photo is a 4×6 photo that I cut to 4×5 by trimming 1/2″ from each side.
I used the new XL Decorative Label punch for the sentiment on the front. I used a dauber to ink the edges just a tiny bit. I wanted to add a frame to it but not make it look distressed. If you try that with a sponge, it won’t work. These little daubers are really good for inking the edges in a subtle way.
Anyway, pretty easy and a great way to incorporate a photo into your card!
SONG: Deck the Halls by London Symphony Orchestra
- Stampin’ Up! Snow Swirled Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, and Whisper White
- Stampin’ Up Classic Ink: Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip
- Stampin’ Up! Scallop Trim Border Punch
- Stampin’ Up! XL Decorative Label Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Sponge Dauber
- We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
- Stampin’ Up! 3/8″ White Taffeta Ribbon
- Stampin’ Up! Mini Glue Dot
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals