Did you know there are 31 days left until Christmas? I know because eBay reminds me every time I pull up their home page. I’ve spent a lot of time on eBay recently because I have this secret project for my kids… they LOVE dogs. They both have dog breed encyclopedias that they read, compare, research, and study. I’m buying up all these dog ornaments on eBay – all their favorite breeds. I’m going to get a little tree, light it up, and put all the dog ornaments on there, then SURPRISE! OMG – I cannot wait!
Anyway… do you like this holiday card? I love, love distress inks – I really feel like I am doing art rather than paper crafting. I seriously love to just look at this card – it really does feel peaceful – does that sound corny? And I broke out the liquid applique to make snow, which I used to make cupcake frosting on THIS CARD awhile back. It’s so cool! I have another use for it, which I will show you next week.
I used Stampin’ Up! Crystal Effects on the star – it’s like a clear, glossy liquid and dries very thick. It resists the distress ink, so it stays yellow and shiny!
By the way, Stampin’ Up! is having a big, big sale this week – a bunch of products are up to 50% off, and there is free shipping on orders over $150! I usually don’t try to sell stuff in my posts, but I thought it was worth mentioning… shop here. If you want to be on my email distribution list for monthly news and sales, email me.
Oh, and you know those 80 Christmas cards I am making? 1 down, 79 to go. Yes, the one I made for the video. 🙂
Enjoy the video and have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!!!
- Hero Arts Owl Christmas Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Season of Friendship Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Broken China, Black Soot
- Stampin’ Up! Ink: Basic Black, Real Red and Daffodil Delight
- Versamark Ink
- Stampin’ Up! Crystal Effects
- Marvy Liquid Applique, White
- Stampin’ Up! Embossing Buddy
- Stampin’ Up! Black Embossing Powder
- Stampin’ Up Whisper White Cardstock
- Papertrey Ink White Cardstock (card base)
- Colorbox BlackBird Chalk Ink
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals