The name of this card comes from my husband’s reaction when I showed it to him… “groovy”. It is a little bit groovy now that I think about it.
You know how you want to buy something at Amazon, but it’s not quite $25? So, you spend a bunch of time trying to find the perfect thing you need that will get you to the free shipping at $25? Well, that’s how I got this stamp set. I spent $13 and 2 hours to save $4. Hmm… maybe not a good idea. Still, I really like the stamp set. And I did save $4.
I decided that I wanted to use a white background and color my flowers with vibrant colors. At first, I started using a blender pen and Stampin’ Up! inks. But, it just wasn’t as vibrant as I wanted it, so I moved to Copic markers. Man, it takes me a LONG time to color with Copics!! But, I think it was worth it. All the alternating between colors and blending and alternating and blending. It takes patience. 🙂
I’m sure some of you were expecting me to use my new Stampin’ Up! products on this week’s card. But, I prepare my videos over the weekend and my package didn’t arrive until Tuesday. So, stay tuned until next week…
SONG: “Typical Situation” by The Dave Mathews Band.
- Stampendous Mum Messages Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Thank You Kindly Stamp Set
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Copic Markers: Y00, Y11, Y15, B21, B24, B26, R22, R19
- Stampin’ Up! Sponge Daubers
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Chipped Sapphire, Scattered Straw, and Walnut Stain
- Stampin’ Up! Linen Thread
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals