I got the idea for this card from a book I purchased in the Fall. I first heard about it on Kristina Werner’s blog… it’s called Folding Ideas for Cards & Envelopes. I also got my photo Christmas card idea from this book. Although this is only the second time I have used the book, it has LOTS of great ideas. There’s just not enough time!!
Don’t you love these cute little animals?? This set is called Furry Folk and it is new to Stampin’ Up! this year. Perfect for Copic coloring! If you look closely, you’ll see that I created a little more dimension to the heads of some of the animals… by adding a neck shadow. I slow down the video to show you how I did this. I used a lot of the new Copic markers I got for Christmas. Are you thinking about getting into Copic Markers? I created a short post called Copics – Where to Start?, which has a few helpful links in it. As far as buying new markers, my new technique is to find something that has been colored by someone else that I like, then buy that same color combination. I got a lot of my recent color combo ideas from the Copic Coloring Guide that someone recommended to me.
One more thing, off the card topic. I read one of the best articles EVER about being a parent. This person articulated so perfectly the feelings I struggle with on a daily basis. And, now that I’ve read this article, I’m totally changed about how I view my daily life and all the questions I constantly have about myself as a mother. It’s a great read if you have a few minutes: Don’t Carpe Diem. I’ve been savoring all my Kairos moments since reading it.
Have a great week!
- Stampin’ Up! Furry Folk
- Stampin’ Up! Woodgrain Background Stamp
- Stampin’ Up! Owl Together Now Stamp Set (Retired – check eBay)
- Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip and Old Olive
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Stampin Up! Basic Black Marker
- Copic Sketch Markers:
- Hedgehog: E21, E25, E34
- Bunny: W1, W3, W5
- Raccoon: C1, C4, C6
- Mouse: C1, C4
- Chipmunk: E13, E21, E25
- Owl: Y000, YR00, YR12, YR18
- Balloon: R81, R83, R85
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Brushed Corduroy
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Stampin’ Up! Sizzix Little Leaves
- Stampin’ Up! 1/2″ Circle Punch
- 1 3/8″ Square Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig
- Spellbinders Labels Eleven
- Judikins 15.2-Centimeter by 10-Meter Eclipse Art Masking Tape Roll
- Stampin’ Up! Blender Pen
- Stampin’ Up! Two-Way Glue Pen
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals