School starts here in Dallas next week, so we are enjoying our last week at home together! It has been a great summer.
I did a lot of water-spotting on this card. I really love the look you get when you use the Stampin’ Up! cardstock – it’s different from other cardstocks. The water spots remove a lot more color for some reason. And Pumpkin Pie is just a great color to use for all-over. It’s just so vibrant!
I used Copic markers for the coloring. Because the flowers are so small, I just used two shades of each color. You can read my recent post about Copic Markers HERE.
I had someone comment a couple of weeks ago (shout-out to Cathy!) about how I probably spend a lot of time in advance on these cards. I never really thought about it before, but I thought it was worth mentioning… You probably think the design process and color combinations come really easy to me, but I tell you… it doesn’t most of the time!! I usually spend about 90 minutes thinking about and creating the first version of the card. And you know what? At least 1/2 of the cards I feel aren’t good enough for video!! If I make one that I am happy with, I create another and videotape it, and I usually make a few small changes to the second videotaped version to make it look a little better. One time I probably tried 10 different color combos on a card before I found the right one!
Anyway, if you find yourself putting a ton of thought into a card (or almost every card!), don’t fret!! You are not alone. 🙂
Have a great week!!
SONG: “Shadow of the Day” by Linkin Park.
- Stampin’ Up! Flower Fest Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! En Francais Background Stamp
- Stampin’ Up! Garden Greetings Stamp Set (retired – if you can get this on eBay, I love it!!)
- Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up! Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, and Basic Black
- Stampin’ Up! Acrylic Blocks
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Spellbinders Labels 11
- Copic Markers: Y000, Y15, YR12, YR18
- Stampin’ Up! Pearls
- Stampin’ Up! Baker’s Twine
- Stampin’ Up! Black Marker
- Stampin’ Up! Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals