Hope everyone is having a great week. I decided to get ahead of the game for Father’s Day. I got some of the new Stampin’ Up! cardstock samples, so I used the Expresso for this card – I really like it! The polka dots are heat embossed with white powder.
One of the problems I run into with heat embossing is warped paper. One of the things I do to reduce warping is to heat the back of the cardstock (I do it in the video). For some reason, it bends the paper into a more normal curve. I also try to emboss a piece of paper that I will be adhering to the card – not the card itself. That way, I can run the adhesive heavily along all sides to straighten it out on the card.
- Stampin’ Up! Expresso and Certainly Celery Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up! Dots are Hot Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Certainly Celery 5/8 inch Ribbon
- Stampin’ Up! 1 inch and 1 1/4 inch Circle Punches
- Stampin’ Up! Antique Letters Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
- Versamark Ink
- Stampin’ Up! White Embossing Powder
- Stampin’ Up! Scallop Trim Border Punch
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals