This card was made from all white paper! I heat-embossed the white image and then applied distress inks. I used colored pencils on the big flower stem in the middle to create some dimension. It’s actually pretty easy… make sure you know where your light source is and be consistent on all branches (I had my light source coming from the right, so I shaded the left portion of the stems). Use the dark color first, then use a lighter color to blend outward. If you watch the video, I zoom-in during this part.
I also used the same stamp to create the background. I stamped-off the image so that I would get a lighter shade, using the same color blue (Stormy Sky).
Recently I have been very inspired by a blogger named Jill Foster. She uses distress inks in the most amazing color combinations. This card was inspired by her style.
Enjoy and have a great week!
SONGS: All I Want is You by U2.
- Hero Arts Pop Stems Stamp
- Stampin’ Up! Sizzix Big Shot
- Stampin’ Up! Top Note Die
- Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Cardstock
- Papertrey Ink White Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up! White Embossing Powder
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone, and Black Soot
- Hero Arts Gems
- Prisma Colored Pencils
- Black Embroidery Thread
- Stampin’ Up! Bashful Blue Button
- Stampin’ Up! Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals