A couple of things before I get to this week’s card…
First, guess what?! I have been selected to be part of the Faber-Castell Guest Design Team for Oct-Dec, 2012!! They just announced the team yesterday. I am so, so excited! I don’t have any details on what I’ll be doing, but who cares??!! It’ll be fun I’m sure. Stay tuned, I’ll let you know as soon as I find out.
You may remember this card from my Copic Tutorial. I showed it in the video and said I would eventually do a video. Today’s the day! I seriously had to wait until the kids went back to school because I knew this video would take longer. It’s a lot of coloring! The pink and yellow striped border is all done with coloring.
I did the first version of this card on Neenah cardstock. The second version (the one I color in the video and the one in the photo above) uses Copic XPress It paper (thank you to Angela for sending me some to try out!). I mentioned at the beginning of the video that I would let you know how they compare at the end of the video. Well, I forgot to discuss it at the end, lol! I was actually pretty surprised at how similar the results were. I used the same Copic colors on both cards. It’s funny because in some parts, the Neenah looked slightly better, but in other parts the Copic XPress looked slightly better. I think the difference is my coloring and how well I blended the colors together – not the paper at all. In other words, both papers, in my opinion, give great results that are indistinguishable. So there you have it.
Enjoy and have a great week!
- Copic XPress It Cardstock
- Neenah Solar White (card base)
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Stampin Up! Basic Black Marker
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Broken China, Stormy Sky and Antique Linen
- Copic Sketch Markers: hair (E41, E13, E25, E27); skin (E30, E41, E43); tights (R81, R83, R85, 0); skirt/top (B21, B24, B26, Y11, R81); boots (E41, E43, E44, 0); rock (C1, C4, C6); book (Y11, Y15, Y17); grass (YG17, YG23), lips (R81); flowers (R81, R85)
- Stampin’ Up! Markers – Pretty in Pink and Daffodil Delight
- VersaFine Black Ink