I just want to quickly thank those of you that link back to my blog when you CASE my design on your own blog. There are times I see my designs on other people’s blogs and although I’m happy to be an inspiration, I just appreciate it so much when you link back. Okay, onto this week’s card…
I’ve seen a lot of cards recently where the center is tilted slightly. I was inspired by it, so here’s what I came up with. I usually go to my craft room with some kind of idea or sketch, but not this time. And I have to tell you that I was a little stressed out by it, lol! If you’ve been following my blog for awhile, you know that I am very organized and I plan everything. In fact, I am already stressing about Christmas cards because I don’t have the perfect photo… and I can’t design the perfect card without first having the perfect photo! Getting two girls into a nice outfit with hair brushed and a pleasant face is a challenge.
Yet another new stamp set from the new Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Catalog called Creative Elements. I’ve already used it in my scrapbooking – I think that swirly stamp has a lot of uses! The nice part about the flower is that the shaded areas are already shown for you, making the shadowing with Copics a lot easier. I only used two shades on the flower. I then used the colorless blender to remove some color – an option for those of you that only have two shades of a certain color.
I messed up the video at the end. I got distracted by the telephone, then I thought on was off and off was on. Anyway, just the last part with the liquid pearls got cut off, so not too much. Sorry about that!
Enjoy and have a great week!
- Stampin’ Up! Creative Elements Stamp Set
- Hero Arts Large Canvas Background Stamp
- Stampin’ Up! Wild Wasabi Ink
- Tim Holtz Inks: Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Tim Holtz Paper Distressor
- Stampin’ Up! Garden Greetings Stamp Set (retired – get this on eBay if you can – it’s awesome!)
- Stampin’ Up! Linen Thread
- Stampin’ Up! Modern Label Punch
- Copic Markers: R22, R24, 0
- Ranger Liquid Pearls, Platinum
- Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip Ink Pad
- Stampin’ Up! Acrylic Blocks
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals