Just a reminder that I will doing the live video chat tonight at 6pm CT in the US. To determine your local time, use this time zone converter (my location is “USA-Texas-Dallas”). Honestly, I’m nervous about possible technical issues, as you never know with the internet! Hopefully everything will go smoothly. A few notes on how it will work:
- The chat will be done on YouTube, so you’ll actually be inside YouTube, not on this site.
- You will see me live on video, but I won’t be able to see you. It’s one-way from a video perspective.
- I will be answering questions from THIS POST, so if you have a question, go ahead and post it there now.
- There is a traditional chat window to the right of the video within the YouTube interface. This chat window will allow everyone to type chat comments that can be seen by everyone else, including me.
- Google owns YouTube. Google requires you to login to chat, so you’ll need a Google account. You probably already have one and don’t even know it. Just click the “sign-in” button in the upper right corner of the interface.
- I will be taking questions from this chat window once the chat begins, so type your questions there during the live broadcast.
- Because I will be answering questions via the video, I don’t plan on typing into the chat window.
- I have tested the chat on Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. I have tested it on a Mac and a Windows PC. I have tested it on an iPad and an iPhone. The only problem I found was that the chat window was not visible on the iPhone.
- The chat will be available on demand after the broadcast is over.
Okay, I think that covers it. See you tonight!