I used the Penny Black Paisley Outline Stamp with the same colors I used on this card. I also used it on this card, one of my favorites. I like it because the pattern is so small that it’s not distracting at all. But anyway, I’m supposed to be focusing on Verdant! This stamp has lots of potential for backgrounds and subtle additions to a card without creating another focal point. I make a serious effort to buy stamps that are reusable. On this card, I made it my focal point, so it can be used either way! Here are the steps for this card:
- Ink the background panel with Spiced Marmalade. Stamp Paisley Outline in Barn Door, then ink the edges of the panel with Barn Door.
- Ink Verdant in Barn Door, stamp off, then stamp in the lower left corner. Repeat in the upper corner. Same process for Spiced Marmalade.
- Stamp Versant using VersaFine Black Ink in lower left corner.
- Adhere panel to black, then to paisley panel.
- Stamp Sweet Wishes sentiment in Versafine Black Ink and cut with scissors. Use a handheld hole punch to punch small hole and thread black embroidery. Adhere with dimensionals.
Don’t forget that Jill and I will be featuring YOUR cards on our blogs June 7th. To be considered, create your own card with the same set we are using and upload it to the Penny Circle Flickr gallery. Be sure to tag it with “JillDarlene”.