There are so many different scenes you can create with this set. Here’s my card for this week:
I have a friend who is moving out of state, so this is a perfect card for her! Here are the basic steps for creating this card:
- Cut a mask for the grass and use three different inks to create it: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, and Evergreen Bough. I just randomly mixed them up.
- Stamp the sun using Versamagic Pumpkin Spice ink, then color it with Copics (Y11, Y15, and Y17).
- Use a mask to create the ray of sun and ink it with Squeezed Lemonade. Then, use Broken China to color around the sky.
- Stamp the trees in Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, then color them with Copics (YG17, YG21, YG25).
- Stamp the clouds in Broken China, cut them out, and adhere them to the card with Dimensionals.
- Stamp the house in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and color with Copics (RV13, R29, V12, V15, V17, Y11, Y15, Y17, G28, G09, G14). Cut it out and adhere it to the card with Dimensionals.
- Use a Stampin’ Up! Real Red marker to hand draw and color the hearts.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and color the heart with Copics (RV13, R29).
So how did I get the heart in the window? Stamp the sentiment, color the heart, and stamp the house on top of it so the heart is in the window. Cut the heart and glue to the house.
Don’t forget that Jill and I will be featuring YOUR cards on our blogs June 7th. To be considered, create your own card with the same set we are using and upload it to the Penny Circle Flickr gallery. Be sure to tag it with “JillDarlene”.
One more thing before you go… Ellen Hutson is having a special 20%-off-everything-Mother’s-Day sale! Use code momsday13 at checkout, now through Monday. This set, Tiger Lily, Copics ($4.80/marker!), EVERYTHING! So awesome. And I guess I should also mention that Two Peas in a Bucket is having 25% off all stamps until 5/16. 612 of them. Wow, a great weekend for mothers!!!
Have a great weekend!