We got 8.5 inches of snow at our house in Dallas on Thurs (I think the actual measurement for the city was 12.5 inches!). The weight of all that snow caused a lot of trees to collapse on power lines, so LOTS of people were without power, including us. For 24 hours – it was so cold!! I guess Dallas isn’t prepared for that amount of snow!!
Today’s card is pretty simple. I got some of this green trim at JoAnn’s that looks like grass to me, so that’s how I used it on this card. I covered the threaded part with some ribbon. Also notice that I cut the white card by 1/4 inch on all sides (to 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches) so that I can attach it to a black background that is the standard card size of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
I just got some chalk ink from Colorbox called BlackBird. I’ve been using their Charcoal color, which isn’t very dark. This ink is great! I love it. VERY dark. It makes a really nice contrast on this card.
I created a fan page on Facebook, so if you’d like my posts to show up on your Facebook news feed, look over to the right of my blog to click on the Facebook link.
- Autumn Leaves Flower Clear Stamp Set
- The Paper Company Greetings Clear Stamp Set
- Colorbox Blackbird Chalk Ink
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
- 1/4 inch black grosgrain ribbon
- Tombo Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
- Stampin’ Up! Markers: Basic Black, Pink Passion, Green Galore, Ballet Blue, YoYo Yellow
- In the Spotlight Trimtex Green Trim