I am so excited and honored to be participating in the Essentials by Ellen Blog Hop! In this blog hop, we will be unveiling a brand new line of high quality clear stamp sets and designer dies, designed by Julie Ebersole exclusively for Ellen Hutson LLC.
This collection reflects an eclectic mix of images, sentiments and art styles that are sure to appeal to a wide range of tastes. You can view all the products in this release and purchase them right now.
I’m loving all these stamps and dies – some really unique ones. Not just the designs but the packaging too! No falling-apart plastic sleeves with a sticky enclosure panel that gets all worn out and dirty; these packages are made of some really nice durable plastic. Plus the dies come with a built-in magnetic sheet! Wow.
Anyway, onto my projects (and videos!) for the hop. Supplies for all the projects are listed at the end of this post.
This stamp set is called Brushstroke Christmas and has several coordinating dies. What I like about the dies is that they are just a bit larger than the sentiment. Here’s what I created with the coordinating Peace die:
I clear embossed the die cut and inlaid it. Here is a close-up of the sentiment:
I also created another card of the same style with the “joy” stamp and coordinating Joy die:
This card was actually pretty easy to make. Wondering how I got the overlap of the stamped sentiment? Check out the video:
Because the dies cut holes for windows, I was able to emboss some yellow light behind the home. Here is a close-up:
Come back to visit my blog on Wednesday and I will have a video of how I made this card.
For my next project, I did something completely different using the Twelve Days stamp set. This set is so cheeky and completely adorable. I actually really enjoyed studying each image, one at a time, singing the song in my head! I created 12 little treat boxes for my kids. To be honest, the Advent Calendar is really getting to be a little too much year after year. 25 days of candy, and the expectations just seem to rise with each year and each day. My plan is to cut our celebration to 12 days, and each child will receive a treat box on their bedroom door that morning, filled with something special (um, probably candy because that’s what speaks to my kids). Okay, I know the 12 days of Christmas are typically celebrated starting on Christmas Day. But, in my house this year, we are going to celebrate the birth of Christ the 12 days before instead of the 12 days after. Here they are:
And here is what the box looks like on the doorknob:
I heat embossed the images and watercolored them with just a few simple colors. I used the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board to create the boxes. I based my box on this video, but I changed it up just a little. Here is a quick video on how to put them together:
FINALLY… just one more project (I just couldn’t stop myself). I loved these little images so much that I wanted to see if I would be able to fit them all onto one card. Yes, they do, with #1 on the inside:
I also wanted to create a card with just the “5 golden rings” image, but alas, I ran out of time. So many ideas, so little time.
Yes, of course there is a giveaway for this event! The Brushstroke Christmas stamp set will go to one lucky winner! Please leave a comment here by October 8th; winners will be announced October 9th.
Anyway, sorry to keep you here so long! The next stop in this blog hop is the creator of this line herself, Julie Ebersole!! Enjoy your trip and Happy World Card Making Day!
If you missed any of the stops, here is the full list:
• The CLASSroom – http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/
• Teri Anderson – terisplace.wordpress.com
• Laurel Beard – www.laurelbeard.org
• JJ Bolton – www.jjbolton.org
• Heather Campbell – http://parkermolly.blogspot.com
• Kittie Caracciolo – http://kittiekraft.typepad.com/kittiekraft/
• Darlene DeVries – http://www.darlenedesign.com <----------YOU ARE HERE! • Julie Ebersole – http://papertrufflez.com
• Sharon Harnist – http://paperfections.typepad.com/
• Amber Kemp-Gerstel – www.damasklove.com
• Cristina Kowalczyk – http://mypapersecret.blogspot.com/
• Karolyn Loncon – karolyns-paperkraft.blogspot.com
• Nichol Magouirk – http://nicholmagouirk.typepad.com
• Jean Manis – www.jeanmanis.com
• Jennifer McGuire – http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/
• Chari Moss – www.mossymade.com
• Paulina Nakamura – http://www.prettypinkposh.com/blog
• Jocelyn Olson – http://redballooncards.blogspot.com
• Catherine Pooler – www.catherinepooler.com
• Miriam Prantner – http://mprantner.blogspot.com
• Julia Stainton – http://juliastainton.com/blog
See you back on Wednesday for a video of the Cozy Christmas card. 🙂
Supplies for Peace and Joy Cards:
Supplies for Cozy Christmas Card:
Supplies for Twelve Days Boxes:
Lawn Fawn Snow Day
Envelope Punch Board
Black Beetle Twine
ATG Tape Runner
Supplies for Twelve Days Card:
Impression Obsession Stripes
Love Letter Ink