Birthday Card Exchange Groups is a program that groups members into birthday months for exchanging personal, handmade birthday cards. Only members are permitted to join, and there is no additional fee to take advantage of this fun program!
Birthday months are subdivided into multiple groups, so no group contains more than 10 members. At most, you will send and receive 9 cards during the month of your birthday. You may have one or more members of your group from other parts of the world. How cool is that?
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the sign-up form, with your contact information and birthday. Keep in mind that the birthday list closes on the 7th of the PREVIOUS MONTH.
- Within 24-48 hours, you will get access to a personalized Birthday Group Page. This page will contain the name, birthday, and mailing address for each person who has joined the exchange in the same birthday month as you. Note: Only members of your birthday group will have access to your contact information – not the entire community.
- You will receive an email reminder on the 5th of the previous month, so you’ll have 2 days after that to remove yourself if you no longer want to participate.
- Mark your calendar to send cards to arrive ON or BEFORE each person’s birthday. Keep in mind that you may have a person on your list with a birthday on the 1st. So, some of your cards may be mailed in the previous month (which is why the list closes on the 7th of the previous month). Mail cards at least one week in advance for within the US and 2 weeks in advance for international birthday girls.
- Please wait until after the 7th to begin addressing your cards, as the list is not permanent until that time.
- Receive cards and smile. Send cards and know someone else is smiling.